1. Pilot services are done at the written request of the Master of the ship, the Shipowner or his Agent.
2. For each pilot service provided the Pilot issues a Pilot Note / a Pilot Bill/ , containing the vessel’s identification – her particulars and basic dimensions to calculate the price of the pilot service and its invoicing.
3.THE PILOT NOTE is a primary document verified when signed and stamped
by the Master . If impossible to issue a Pilot Note on board, it can be signed and stamped by the vessel’s Agent.
4. The prices of the pilot services are fixed and payable in Euro - the common European Currency on basis of the ship’s GT for the particular vessel and the harbour area where pilotage is carried out.
5. The tax for using floating crafts and other means of navigation for embarking/ disembarking of the pilot is included in the tax for pilot service.
6. The price of outer pilotage for Burgas pilotage area is in accordance to column 4 of Table 2 and an increase for every 1000 GT will be 20 euro for the vessels over 10000 GT. For varna the price is in accordance to column 6 of Table 1.
IV. SPECIAL CONDITIONS
1. The taxes for the pilotage are payable with 50% rebate when:
/1/ A commenced maneuver is ceased or the pilotage is cancelled, awaiting pilot’s embarkation over 30 min.
/2/ Shifting of the vessel alongside the quay without running out all the mooring lines.
2. The taxes for the pilotage are payable with 10% rebate when:
/1/ For pilotage of passenger ships
3. The taxes for the pilotage are to be paid with 20% increase when:
/1/ Piloting ships with dangerous cargoes on board
4. The taxes for the pilotage are to be paid with 50% increase when:
/1/ For pilotage a ship without her main engine
/2/ For piloting to and from docks and other lifting devices
/3/ For piloting services provided on national holidays
/4/ For pilotage when the Obligatory customs of the Ports or when the Maritime Administration explicitly require piloting by two Pilots with length of service more than 5 years.
/5/ / For pilotage when lightering operations carried out on roads
/6/ Shifting of the vessel alongside the harbour area without running out all the mooring lines, according to the price of respective the harbour area.
/7/ For pilotage while shifting within the ports without leaving the cannels – column 3 of Table 2 for Burgas Pilotage Area and the difference of the rates for both areas plus 50% of column 2 of table 1 for Varna Pilotage Area.
5. The taxes for the pilotage are to be paid with 100% increase when:
/1/ Piloting ships with dangerouse cargoes on board, subject to the special requirements of the Maritime Administration
/2/ Piloting while lightering operations carried out in the open sea
/3/ All specific, non-conventional maneuvers, non regulated from the Obligatory customs of the Ports
V. PAYMENT OF THE PILOT SERVICES
1. The Pilot Station issues an invoice to the name of the vessel’s owner within a term of three working days after the last pilot service provided. It comprises all the pilot services rendered to the ship in Euro and in BGN to the Bulgarian vessels.
2. The ship’s Agent should pay off within a term of seven working days of the date of invoicing.
1. ANNEX 1 – TABLE 1 – Pilotage Charges in Varna Pilotage Area
2. ANNEX 2 – TABLE 2 - Pilotage Charges in Burgas Pilotage Area
VIІ. FINAL REGULATIONS
1. The current PRICE-LIST AND PAYMENT OF PILOT SERVICES AT THE BLACK SEA PORT AND WITHIN THE TERRITORIAL WATERS OF THE REPUBLIC OF BULGARIA becomes effective on June 1st , 2006 and cancels that of July 1st 2003.
2. Any alterations in the pilotage taxes shall be announced at least one month prior to their setting in.
FOR THE BULGARIAN MARITIME PILOT’S ASSOCIATION
Capt. K.Todorov, Extra Master
FOR VARNA PILOT STATION – P LLC
Capt. N. Damyanov, Extra Master
FOR BURGAS PILOT STATION LLC
Capt. Il. Slavov, Extra Master
November 15th, 2007